Many people don’t like going to the dentist for a variety of reasons. Early childhood experiences, adult trauma, misinformation from movies or books, as well as fear of sharp objects and needles can combine to make an appointment at the dentist an experience millions of Americans avoid.
Are you skittish about dentists in general, or about pain?
You will begin by noticing how friendly and low-key our staff is. Brian (Dr. Work) is very informal, and happy to take the time to explain exactly what your procedure involves and answer all of your questions.
If you have pain or discomfort issues, we can use everything from topical preparations (applied to the gums) to sedation procedures (you doze through your procedure) to make your experience less stressful. We even use what’s known as “laughing gas” to make you more comfortable and relaxed. Regardless of your specific needs, our caring staff will do everything necessary to assure your comfort during any procedure.
Thanks to the dental profession’s increased understanding about anxiety, there are many things we can do to help you feel much more comfortable during an office visit.
A variety of factors contribute to your calmness during your visit. Here are just some of the techniques we can use to make dental visits easier on you:
- You can elect to take a sedative the evening before or the morning of your visit.
- We, of course, use topical anesthetics--like novocaine--to numb the tooth or jaw area we’re working on.
- You can wear a headset and listen to music while we work on your teeth.
- You may be familiar with the term “laughing gas,” or nitris oxide, which is used during your visit in order to relax you.
- You may choose to nod off--akin to taking a nap--while we work on your mouth. This is the epitome of oral sedation dentistry. Not only do you feel nothing through the whole procedure, we can get a lot more done in a single visit, dramatically lessening the number of dental visits you need to make.
Add to these a modern, comfortable office that‘s more like a spa than a dental office--we even serve espresso drinks and homemade cookies--an extremely acommodating staff dedicated to your ease and comfort while you’re here, and the most modern techniques available to avoid and lessen pain, and you will be able to come and go with a minimum of pain or fuss.
And really, isn’t that what you want, an experience as easy and pain-free as humanly possible? Click here for some helpful sedation frequently asked questions (FAQs)